Showing all 3 results
AQUAMARINE$449.00 (inc GST)
Add to cart
AQUAMARINE$549.00 (inc GST)
Add to cart
CONSIGNMENT SPECIAL REQUEST$249.00 (inc GST)
Add to cart
Find Your Amazing Aquamarine Gemstone Here
The aquamarine gemstone is a precious stone that is a light bluish-green variety of beryl. An aquamarine in fine colour is scarcer in nature, adding to its collectability. They are among the most affordable and popular precious stones. It derives its blue or sea-blue colour from tints of iron in its chemical composition. Its hardness level is very high, protecting it from scratches.
Clarity and colour are the essential quality factors for aquamarine. The most sought-after aquamarines are dark blue or slightly greenish-blue and have no visible inclusions—a marriage between clarity and colour. Superb gems demand careful cutting that maximises both qualities.
Meaning and Symbolism Associated With Aquamarine
The aquamarine precious stone is the birthstone for March and exudes the calming energy of the sea. It is also the anniversary gem for the sixteenth and nineteenth anniversaries. The symbolism and meaning of this beautiful aquamarine gem come from ancient seafarers and mariners.
- Referring to this gem as the sailor’s stone, the ancient Greeks relied on the aquamarine stone to protect their sailors, carrying real aquamarine on board for safe passage to and from their destinations and protection during storms. They attempted to ensure restful and sound sleep with the gem under their pillows at night and believed that wearing an aquamarine jewel, such as a talisman around the neck or a ring on the finger, would calm the waves.
- The sea-blue gem represents transformation and rebirth and embodies youthful vitality, purity, loyalty, truth, and hope. It is associated with clarity, serenity, tranquillity, and harmony.
- The March birthstone, the stone of courage, is linked to personal development and accessing our deep inner wisdom, empowering us to be true to our values and express our feelings openly to communicate from our heart. This process then activates our inner courage and inspires our creative expression.
Whether you wish to gain the tranquil, serene, calm, and harmonious energy of the stone or try to calm the raging seas, KittyCat Gems can help you find your chosen stone in a magnificent jewel to show off its stunning sea-blue beauty.
Caring for Your Gems
Caring for your gemstones and gemstone jewellery will keep them looking clear and shiny and help them to keep their sparkle. As gemstones vary widely in physical properties, it is important to understand the stone that you have: recommended care methods are different for each type of stone, so be sure to use the correct methods for your gem.
Here are some caring tips for coloured stones, suitable for every type:
- When you are busy with activities that might cause some damage to stones in your jewellery, remove them. Such activities could include cooking, exercising, swimming, or gardening. Avoid exposing them to perfumes and deodorants, lotions, or any household cleaning products, as it could cause damage to soft-organic gemstones.
- You can clean your coloured stone jewellery gently with a lint-free cloth or soft bristle toothbrush using a solution of warm soapy water. Gently dry them afterwards with a lint-free cloth. Only clean porous stones such as turquoise with a damp cloth, avoiding liquids and detergents.
- You should store your gems in a soft padded box or container to avoid accidental scratches, chips, and fractures that they could easily sustain from haphazard storage.
Sparkle and Shine
KittyCat Gems has a wide selection of precious and semi-precious gemstones to choose from for that extra sparkle and shine. Contact us today to place your order for a beautiful stone to set in your choice of jewellery.